13 July 2015

retro post :: march 2014 :: a trip through Kent


















Last March my friend Vivi and I went on a trip through Kent. It was only one night away, but we saw so much in that time. 

We drove straight to Sandwich so that we could have a sandwich (I’ve wanted to do that for such a long time), we drove past oast houses (I’ve mentioned them before, something else I am obsessed about and are mainly associated with Kent).

We then went to Margate to go to the Turner gallery and check out an installation by Alex Chinneck that I’ve wanted to see for a long time. 

We then went to Broadstairs (Charles Dickens) for hot chips and a look at different type of beach huts compared to Brighton. They were so different! I really liked them - especially the rickety ones actually on the beach. They looked like they were ready to topple over at any time.

We stayed above a pub not far from Canterbury and then had a look around the cathedral there the next morning before heading back to Brighton.


It was such a lovely trip, I have about a dozen more like this that I’d like to do through the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment