23 August 2015

a work trip to the States...





















I knew this would happen! The minute things got busy at work I knew I would struggle to keep this blog going. But when I say things were busy at work, that is an understatement. For the last two months I have been working long hours in preparation for a month long trip to the States to produc photography and video for the English language brand that I work on, Embassy English.

The project was all consuming and the trip was hectic. The commissioned photographer and I started in LA, made our way to San Diego and then San Francisco, and then high tailed it across to New York and Boston. He then flew back to the UK after two and a half weeks, and a video team met me. We then did the same trip but backwards - ending up after one and a half weeks back in San Diego. 

Some highlights were being back on the West Coast of the US.. I haven't been for 14 years! San Francisco was fantastic, as was San Diego. I'm not a huge fan of L.A, but Long Beach was actually lovely. Fantastic Mexican and Japanese food the whole way round, and the best pizza in Long Island (picture above - EPC!).

I wish I had loved Boston more, I had such high hopes! I think that may have been the problem.. I had too high expectations. It's always great to be in New York - if only to visit one of my favourite shops, Fishs Eddy - I could buy one of everything in there!

The good news is that the hard work paid off. The photography has been well received and the videos are coming together. I wish I had time to stay for an extra few days in San Diego to wind down but hopefully I can go back again soon. If only for the Mexican and Japanese food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment