22 June 2016

A weekend with the bluebells

Day one of the bluebell weekend..


















And day two! Not as many photos but just as beautiful. 





A couple of months ago there was a long weekend here in the UK and it coincided with the end of the bluebell season! It just so happened that I had organised to go on a couple of walks with some friends - on the Sunday Debs, Vivi and I were booked in to have afternoon tea at a very fancy hotel so we went for a walk just before.

We happened across a couple of fields of bluebells - oh they are so pretty! And very magical.. I could stare at them for hours. The photos do not do them justice.

We also came across a very cute doggie friend mid way through our walk. We could have walked for hours but we had our afternoon tea to get to - which included bottomless tea (yes!) and scones. 

On the Monday I had organised with the girls to do something and after the success of the bluebells on Sunday we headed to Alfriston to check out the bluebell walk there. Oh wow.. I thought Sunday was good and then this! An entire woodland covered in bluebells. It was so special that I think I have convinced my parents to visit in May next year so they can see them. I already can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment