27 September 2015

A day in Split, Croatia











Two weeks ago I went on holiday to Croatia. The holiday was based around a friend's wedding, which I was asked to photograph. The wedding was on the Island of Vis, which is just off the coast of Split. 

Before arriving on Vis, I was in Split for a day on my own waiting for the afternoon ferry. Even though it wasn't planned, it was lovely to have the day to myself to wander around and take photos. It also meant I did an impromptu recce for when I was there a few days later with friends!

It's not a big city, but it's a beautiful one to wander around aimlessly. Diocletian's Palace makes up the main part of the old city that tourists want to see, and it's not hard to see why it is a UNESCO World Heritage Monument. 

It is very touristy, but you also can get a glimpse of what it is like to live in the winding streets that once a palace built by the Roman emperor Diocletian. And there are gelato shops on every corner - what's not to love about that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment