1 November 2015

A love affair with Croatia























I was not expecting to fall in love with Croatia. But that is what is so amazing about travel - you are constantly surprised by new places. 

I still can't quite put my finger on why I loved it so much - I think it's a combination of being the right time to be there (I desperately needed a break), the colour of the water and the fact you can jump in to the sea from just about anywhere. Oh and the pizza and gelato!

Each place we went to had a different thing to love about it - The Island of Vis was the wedding, Split had the history, Korcula was all round fantastic and Dubrovnik is one of those places you just have to see. As amazing as Dubrovnik was, it was ridiculously busy and touristy so a quick look around the city was all that we needed. We preferred to hunt down the swimming holes near the city to sit (in the shade for me) and relax and jump into the perfectly clear water all day long. 

I can't forget the colour of the water. If I go back to Croatia, that will be the primary reason. Followed closely for the multiple cups of gelato a day and fresh seafood for dinner. Croatia is a beautiful country - I wonder if I would like the rest of the country as well, or if it's the coastal area that I'm drawn to. Hopefully next year I'll find out if I can go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment