27 May 2015

a walk from Beachy Head to Cuckmere Haven









My friends Alissa, Vivi and I have a loose agreement that once a month we will get together and do a walk somewhere close by - and this month Vivi wanted to show the two Aussies one of her favourite walks only an hour's bus ride east of Brighton.

We started at Beachy Head and made our way to Cuckmere Haven (pronounced Cookmere Haven - oh those Brits and how they say things) which took about three hours walking up and down beautiful rolling green hills. 

A few years ago when I first arrived in the UK I went with Vivi to stay with her friend Eliza at Birling Gap (my post about it is here) - this was the halfway point on the walk.

Beachy Head and Cuckmere Haven are within Seven Sisters Country Park which is a part of the South Downs National Park. Every time I do a walk around Brighton I feel so lucky that I can access the Downs and the parks that surround Brighton so easily. I think it's one of the best things about living in Brighton, that you can pretty much see the Downs from any high point in the city. 

We finished at the pub at Cuckmere Haven which wasn't great, I do not recommend it! The food was not good at all and the service was so bad it made us laugh. But it didn't matter, we had an amazing day out in the sunshine seeing another part of the South East. We are already planning next month's outdoor adventure! 

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, I'm jealous that I haven't seen this part of the UK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you visit, we'll go!!

    ReplyDelete