8 June 2015

retro post :: hola España!! :: June 2014

























This is a very picture heavy-post. But what can I say, Spain is bloody picturesque! This was my first trip to Spain and I am besotted. The food, the architecture, the weather - love. 

We started off in Madrid and had a few days of wandering around, eating tapas and drinking wine at every bar on every corner. We went to The Prado, Spain's national art museum which was amazing and a great way to spend a super hot day inside. 

We then drove to Granada to go to Alhambra which was fascinating. It was the perfect place to see with my love of all things Middle Eastern. Granada was my favourite place we visited.

After a couple of nights in Granada we drove to the coast which was exactly how we pictured - full of British and Russian tourists getting their kit out!

We then drove north east to a town called Caceres was where Alissa's family were staying. We had a couple of nights there before heading back to Madrid for our flights.

A great driving week through Spain - I can't wait to go back and see the rest of the country. And eat my weight in tapas again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment